Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Pro Tools 9

Ok,
After 6 weeks of debugging, reloading and system manipulation I can officially claim that Pro Tools 9 is the best PT yet.
I'm on Win 7 and there were a few bumps but PT 9 is as close to working on HD as it gets without breaking the bank.
If you are on Win 7 with PT 9, check this out.

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=292466

I'm loving 2011!! I've been super swamped mixing for artists and producers big and small. With the help of my new computer, my work flow has been fast and fluid. I've been delivering master quality mixes and have been changing the quality people expect from engineers in Atlanta and worldwide, one mix at a time.

FWIW, Upgrading your system IMHO can be one of the best things you can do for yourself, look into it. A faster workflow is priceless in today's market, IE the faster you can turn a mix around the better.
My upgrade was to an AMD 6 core 1090T with a Gigabyte 890GPA-UD3H motherboard and 8 GB of RAM with an I-Inc 28 inch monitor....... WOW! Fastest Win 7 system around after a few tried and true tweeks. A new SSD is on the way and I'll post about it after I've had time to burn it in.