Monday, January 4, 2010

Introductions are in order......

Hi,
I guess I should start with a little about me and my background.

I was born in Kansas City Kansas on January 19th 1970. Yes, I'm a Capricorn cusped with Aquarius... my Gemini moon and Gemini rising balance me out and twist me up, lol.
I guess you could say I'm a colorful creative super energetic private workaholic always pushing the limits!!

My father was in the Air Force and I left the US at age 5, growing up in Prum Germany until returning to the US in 1981. I spent the next 3 years in Blackwood New Jersey until returning to Germany for another 3 years. I attended Osterholz American HS while living in Hessisch Oldendorf Germany and in 1987 my father retired and I returned to Kansas City to finish High School at Washington High in KCK. Nine of my first 17 years were spent in Germany so I guess at heart I'm a Germerican.

My love of music came from my father, he loved music and bombarded my sister and I with it daily. Folk, 60's rock, classical and even whale songs speak to me of my childhood. Leaving my house daily in Germany resulted in Abba, Boney M, The Scorpions and Kraftwerk among others rounding out my early musical education.
Being an American in Germany while living 15KM from Belgium and Luxembourg while being only 30 minutes from France brought it's own education and life lessons. Music was always my connection to those around me and still is to this day.

My first musical love is Classical but in 1983 I fell in love with Hip Hop. I began breakin and was a full fledge B-Boy by 1984, Hip Hop became the icing on my musical cake. My father was in Electronic Maintance and the bug for electronics and computers rubbed off on me. Around 1986 I started DJing and continued spinning records after returning to the US in 1987. While in college I came to a career crossroads and began creating music to the dismay of my family. After leaving college to pursue my creative passions I started recording and releasing music and I'm still doing it to this day, I still love the creative process!!

So, It's nice to meet you.